Want to discover everything that’s possible at Charles Sturt University? Well, that’s exactly where open day comes in.
And guess what? Charles Sturt’s Open Day series is back on campus for 2022!
Let’s break down what it looks like and how to make the most of your Open Day experience.
What is Open Day?
A Charles Sturt Open Day is the ideal opportunity to see what’s possible at Charles Sturt. We open the doors to our campuses so you can see where your next step can take you. Here are just a few of the options.
- Chat to academics about courses and careers.
- Talk to current students about what life at Charles Sturt is really like.
- Tour the accommodation options to find your new home.
- Check out the learning facilities ‒ from our farm and virtual pharmacy to a TV studio and a medical radiation laboratory.
- Connect with all our support services.
- Get the lowdown on applying and early offers.
All that, plus free food! And free parking!
What’s not to like?
Top tips for getting the most out of your event
When it comes to getting all you need to make your next step, Open Day is where it’s at. Here are a few ideas to ensure you get the maximum benefit from yours.
- Check out the program before the big day. That way you can plan which sessions you’d like to tap into ‒ and secure your spot for them ‒ so you don’t miss a thing.
- Your Open Day kicks off at 10am. That’s when you can wander around the displays and community stalls, get involved in the activities, or tuck into some food. If you’ve signed on for an info session or tour that starts at 10am, it’s a good idea to arrive at 9.45am.
- Attend more than one Open Day – we have different courses and different facilities on each campus.
- Bring your questions along. We’ll have academics, support staff and current students all on hand to get you all the information you need to take your next step with confidence.
- Keep an eye out for giveaways and competitions on the day.
- If you want to tour one of our laboratories, you’ll need to wear closed-in shoes. Them’s the rules!
- And if you can’t make any of the Open Days you want to, don’t stress. We’d still love to welcome you on campus! All you need to do is book a campus tour for any day of the working week – or jump online and book a virtual consult with one of our friendly student advisers.
Sounds good! Where do I sign up?
Simple. Visit the Open Day 2022 page. Select the campus you’d like to visit, then book your spot.
Here’s the important bit. You will need to register for every session or tour you’d like to attend, as well as check in when you arrive. We need to take this precaution as part of our COVID Safe event plan and to ensure we’re adhering to government guidelines. Each session and tour will have limited places available – so make sure you register online to secure your spot. Oh, and if you’re coming with friends or family, they’ll need to book in to sessions separately.
We can’t wait to meet you!